How to Make Your Floor Tiles Sparkling Clean with Vinegar!
Let’s face it, floor tiles do get dirty pretty quickly. And when you think of porcelain or ceramic tiles in a bathroom or kitchen, vinegar is often the perfect eco-friendly floor cleaning option. Why? First of all it is safer to use around both pets and children.
While it does have a distinctive smell, the latter is not too overwhelming or harmful, and the beauty of it is it disappears quickly with good airing. Also, vinegar will safely disinfect most hard surfaces and can work wonders on grease and hard water stains. And the best part about it is, once it has dried, it will leave behind a fresh and neutral scent.
The step-by-step tile cleaning process
- Mix half a cup of vinegar with one gallon of warm water into a bucket, make sure you mix it well.
- Sweep with either a broom or vacuum to collect all dust, sand, mud, and other small pieces of debris that can often scratch the tiles’ surface during your cleaning routine.
- Clean the tiles by putting your mop into the vinegar and water solution. Apply the mop over the tiles in a side to side or top to bottom motion.
- When cleaning bathroom tiles, we at Superior Cleaning Services in San Bernardino suggest you use a sponge. Dip the sponge into your vinegar solution and wipe the hard water stains off. Once you have done this, you can use a dry towel to wipe off the remaining moisture and residue.
- Lastly, open the windows to bring in some fresh air, this way the floor dries faster and the pungent odor of vinegar will dissipate before you know it.
For information pertaining to the floor cleaning services and products that we can provide, please do not hesitate to dial this number (951) 225-3724 now, we are based in the San Bernardino, CA area.